The first time I tried this dish was at a dinner hosted by a friend from Iran, who gave me this recipe. The dish is called in Farsi language Sambuse. There are different variants of this meal, you can make them with various fillings, e.g. with vegetables like peas, potatoes, lenses. Samosa is a popular dish in India, Africa, Portugal and in the Middle East. It’s very easy to prepare, so with a little effort you can get a very tasty dish.
- 400 gr of minced meat
- 1 onion
- 1 paprika
- 8 tortillas
- ketchup or tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cut the onions on dices and fry them together with minced meat on the oil. Stir constantly, whole time while the meat is frying.
- Add salt. You can also add other spices if you like.
- Finely chop the paprika into small pieces and add it to the meat, before the end of the frying, roughly fry them for 5 minutes with the meat.
- When the meat is over, remove it from the stove and cool it down.
- Roll tortillas into a cone and fill them with a mixture of a minced meat and vegetables.
- After filling them, add a little ketchup or tomato juice from above.
- Close the cone and fry shortly on both sides, on the oil at a moderate temperature.
Noosh e jan! (meaning Bon appetit in Farsi )
To be among the first ones to be notified about news from the blog, follow it via email and Facebook page ( see below ).